Laureate College Photography Contest
January 8 @ 12:00 pm - March 4 @ 11:00 pm
“Art Is Life” Photography Contest
This is an all-ages photography contest designed to fit Laureate College’s “Art is Life” theme.
Show us your world through your lens! Submit your best photos for a chance to win prizes, awards, workshops, prints and membership to the Art Gallery of Burlington.
We believe that photography is art and are asking for your photographs in one or all of these three categories.
- Black & White and or Street Photography. (Any black and white image of any subject or a candid unposed street scene.)
- Landscape and or Nature Photography. (Any image made outdoors in a natural setting. The photo may be of animals and birds for instance or just a landscape of field and trees.)
- Portrait Photography. (This category includes all photos of a person’s face, head, and shoulders. A portrait of a pet is also acceptable.)
- Some categories may overlap. For instance, you might want to enter a photo in black and white of an elderly person in the Black & White Category or in the Portrait Category. Similarly, you may want to enter a forest photo in black and white in the Landscape and Nature Category or the Black & White Category.
RULES and REGULATIONS
All photos remain the property of the maker. Photos may be used as promotional material on social media and other Laureate platforms such as the website.
All photos must be the original creation of the entrant and theirs to be legally used. Editing is fine but use your own creativity and no artificial intelligence generated images. Judges’ decisions are final, and they have all rights to disqualify images they deem are inappropriate.
All permissions, permits and waivers for models and locations are the entrants sole responsibility.
No nudity, drug or alcohol use may be depicted as this is an all-ages contest.
All photos are judged by our judging panel and all decisions are final.
The People’s Choice Award is the photo that gets the most votes from the public during the two-hour time period allotted at our Gallery Gala on April 27th, 2024, during our April Arts Showcase.
The “People’s Choice” Award is given to the photographer whose image scores the most votes at our Gala. One vote only per person. Bring your friends and family for more chances to win. This person will receive a 16×20 inch canvas print of their image redeemable at Burlington Camera & Digital. This winner will also have the image displayed at our April Arts Showcase in Laureate College on April 27, 2024.
Best secondary student photo will receive a complimentary 1-year Family Membership to the AGB. The value of the Family membership is $110 and all AGB members receive a 10% discount in the AGB Shop as well as special pricing on many workshops and camps.
Other prizes include recognition plaques, free weekend workshops including “Enjoying the Process” and “Design Principles” by Artistic Director, Walter Raemisch, “Painting from Photographic Reference” by artist Dan Tamborro and a featured gallery show gala at our April Arts Festival gallery for 1st, 2nd and 3rd plus honorable mentions in each category. Other prizes include autographed Subway Series – “Alone Together a book by award winning photographer and Pulitzer Prize winner writer/journalist BD Colen.
This photo contest is for the sole purpose of championing arts in the community and promoting the Laureate College Gifted Arts Program.
Submissions to be emailed to email@example.com. Contest closes 11pm March 4th, 2024
Students in Elementary and Secondary Schools can enter up to 3 images for free.
Adults can enter up to three images for $20 Canadian dollars. E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Save photos as JPEG (.jpg). If your image contains people, where you can see their faces, you will need to ask them to sign a release form. If your image includes minors, where you can see their faces, you will need a signed release from the minor’s parent or guardian.
Send all contest photos to email@example.com
- JPEG with best quality setting
- 1400 pixels on longest size, 300 dpi
- Colour space sRGB or Adobe RGB no CMYK
- No watermarks or text included as description or on the image itself
- Naming: Laureate, artist’s name, short title – example: Laureate-JohnSmith-SunsetBeach
Thank you for entering our Laureate College Photography Contest. If you have any questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org