Specialized Pathway Programs
Laureate College’s Specialized University Prep Pathway Program(SUPPP) gives students the preparation they need to be successful in university admission application as well as in their post-secondary education, even further in their future career. Starting from personal SWOT analysis and considering the student’s (as well as his/her family) career objective, LIC will help to identify student’s post-secondary education program and thus make a study plan for them.
At Laureate SUPPP, we are committed to providing our students unique academic programs, after-school supporting activities and extracurricular programs so that all students are able to pursue what interests them most.
International Business Program (IBP)
This program is designed for students who have decided that the international business field is their goal when they graduate from university or college. To prepare for such specialized programs, students must plan at the high school level that gains knowledge, understanding, and critical-thinking in business concepts and entrepreneurship. There are prerequisites for the International Business Programs at the university level. The selection of these courses will be planned with the program counsellor/principal before the school year begins.
Laureate College helps to prepare motivated students to enter the global economy with better understanding of business within the context of culture and ethics, and better study method, critical thinking and organization tactics.
Students will be encouraged:
- to participate in the national and international recognized contests, like DECA
- to take robust university prep courses, like marketing (BMI3C), financial accounting fundamentals (BAF3M),, international business(BBB4M), business leadership (BOH4M) and etc
- to get the mentorship from university business school students
- to join the university tour, participate in business seminars and career shadowing opportunities
Advanced Science and Engineering (ASEP)
In this field of advanced science and engineering, students may decide that they enjoy learning about science beyond the required 2 credits in science towards their Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). Students can specialize in the area of biology, chemistry, and physics. The prerequisites for Engineering at the post-secondary level requires mathematics and sciences. Having an inquisitive mind that challenges conventional thinking will promote innovation and lateral thinking.
Laureate College’s Advanced Science & Engineering Program (ASEP) successfully prepares students for university majors in science, engineering, and computer science. The unique curriculum combines contest-prep program with real-world problem-based learning, encouraging students to develop as scientists and engineers.
Students will be encouraged:
- To participate in the Math and Computing contests by University of Waterloo
- To take AP math courses and AP exams
- To get the mentorship from university science and engineering program students
Arts Focused Program (AFP)
The arts program will give students the opportunity to explore their creativity and develop skills in visual arts, media, and photography. Through the arts program, students can explore how to use their imagination, originality, and vision. Be inspired to invent images that have never been seen before.
“The arts are a unique type of education that develops the intellectual wealth of a person. It helps the students to recognize their personality and to discover their environment. Arts will enhance the students’ ability to observe and reflect the world around them. The creativity part of art also leads students to some alternative pathways to solve the problem.”Laureate College’s art focus program highlights:
- Personalized Pathway Counselling and Individualized Growth Plan
- Ontario Ministry of Education Art Curriculum
- Three Times After-school Portofolio Classes Per Week
- Assistance to Portfolio Prepare for University application
- Joint seminars and student product shows with Sheridan College