Summer ESL Program
Laureate College is offering an experiential Summer ESL Program on our safe, beautiful, and diverse campus in Burlington, Ontario. Students develop their English communication skills, build confidence and independence, and apply their knowledge through our varied after-school activities and weekend excursions.
The small class size provides the students with an intimate and personalized English education opportunity. The abundance of afterschool activities encourages the students to apply what they have learned in the classroom and on weekend adventures. It also allows the students to experience the incredible nature and rich culture of Canada while establishing friendships that will last a lifetime!
Applications for individuals and groups are open, please complete the Summer ESL Application Form to reserve your space.
Summer ESL Program OverviewLaureate College’s Summer ESL Program welcomes students from around the world! Age group: 12-16 years old
July 7 -July 27
August 4 – August 24
Arrivals are on the Sunday before the program starts, and departure is on the Saturday following the final day of class.
Customized group program includes the French Canada Tour is available, please contact email@example.com for details.
Laureate 2024 Summer ESL Program Brochure
ESL Classroom Instruction
Laureate College’s Summer ESL Program is ideal for students to:
- Experience authentic Canadian Boarding School with English instruction
- Improve native English communication skills
- Prepare to start a Canadian school after the summer
- Make friends with students from other countries and learn different cultures
Starting with the placement assessment, the student will be placed in the relevant class based on their language proficiency. The ESL program is based on Laureate College’s well-developed English STEP Program. While emphasizing a lot on verbal communication, the program includes reading and writing as well. The experiential activities designed outside the classroom provide good opportunities for them to apply and practice what they have learned in the classroom.
Accommodations and Meals
The summer ESL campers will reside on campus in our quiet, spacious, fully furnished ensuite rooms. Each ensuite comes with closets, drawers, desks and chairs for students.
A common area provides a casual and comfortable social space for students to hang out with friends. Student can complete their homework or study in the Study Hall with support from our boarding staff.
The clean and spacious dining hall serves three nutritious buffet-style hot meals daily. All foods are freshly prepared on-site by Laureate College’s professional food services team. Fruits, snacks, and drinks are prepared and provided daily.
After School and Evening Activities
Laureate College Summer ESL Program provides the following fun and experiential activities in the afternoon and evening:
Half-Day After-School Activities:
- McMaster Altitude Team Building
- Art Gallery, Hamilton
- Kelso Beach Water Activities
- Warplane Museum
- Treetop Trekking
- Art night: Dormitory Poster & Journal Cover Design
- Ice Cream by the Lake
- Flying Squirrel: Indoor Trampoline Park
- Movie Night
- Art night: Craft making and Rock Painting to line the Garden & Trails
- Shopping at Maple View Burlington
- Art night: Talent Show and Picture/Tiktok Competition
- Board Game Café at Never Board Hamilton
- Dave & Buster’s Oakville
Canada has lots of historical, natural and cultural sights to offer. Our excellent staff will supervise Laureate College ESL program students to experience the natural wonders and Canadian culture during all the weekends.
The transportation and entrance fees are included in the program fee. However, the students need to pay for their meals during the excursions.
The following are some examples of our weekend excursions:
- Niagara Falls, Hornblower Cruise and Niagara-on-the-Lake
- CN Tower, Ripley’s Aquarium, AGO and Medieval Times
- Canada’s Wonderland
- Casa Loma, Toronto Zoo, ROM and University of Toronto
Fees, withdrawal and refund policy
The program fee includes:
- Professional ESL classroom instruction by Ontario ESL Teachers
- Study Materials, Individual Study Report, Certificate of Participation
- All the afternoon activities and weekend excursions
- Accommodation with dorm and three meals
- Personal airport pick-up and drop-off
- All the local transportation costs during the program
- Health insurance and health center for First Aid
The following fees are not included:
Airfare, visa application fee, notarization of custodianship (if required), FOB Replaced Fee (100 CAD as a deposit), any personal spending.
Fees will be refunded only if the student withdraws from the program with a doctor’s note clearly stating that he/she cannot attend the program or if a student has been denied a short-term visiting VISA with a letter from the Government regarding refusal. 200 CAD administrative fee deduction will apply.
How to apply
- Apply Online with the following documents:
- Participant’s ID photo
- Offer of Admission and an invoice will be issued in one business day once the application has been reviewed and approved.
- Payment needs to be made in accordance with the invoice and before the due date.
- Letter of Acceptance and Receipt will be issued to facilitate the visa application if needed.